About A-LIEP 2009
Graduate School of Library, Information and Media Studies, University of Tsukuba
Research Center of Knowledge Communities, University of Tsukuba
Japan Society of Library and Information Science(JSLIS)
In collaboration withJapan Society of Information and Knowledge(JSIK)
Japan Society for Information and Media Studies(JSIMS)
Mita Society for Library and Information Science(MSLIS)
Supported byMinistry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
National Diet Library(NDL)
National Institute of Informatics(NII)
Japan Library Association(JLA)
Previous A-LIEP conference have been held in:
The A-LIEP 2009 conference will be held from March 6-8 in Japan, at University of Tsukuba
These and other questions will be addressed at the Conference, with an emphasis on issues relevant to Asia-Pacific countries and regions. The conference will survey, accumulate and synthesize the experiences and insights of educators, researchers and practitioners, It will and provide opportunities for scholarly exchanges and knowledge-sharing between academics and practitioners through paper presentations and panel discussions.
- How are we preparing library and information professionals for international collaboration?
- What are the challenges facing librarians and information professionals aiming for collaboration in the Asia-Pacific region?
- Is there a uniquely Asia-Pacific perspective of library and information science?
- How are library schools preparing library and information professionals for leadership roles?
- What kind of research is needed to support the library and information profession?
- How can practice, research and education be integrated to deliver high-quality information services?
Please contact the following e-mail if you have any question: